The Italian Union for Sustainable Palm Oil represents food industry that is committed to use 100% certified sustainable palm oil in Italy. An estimated 43% of the palm oil used in Italy for food is already certified sustainable.
Unione Italiana per l’Olio di Palma Sostenibile
Our commitment on the movement
The member of the Italian Union are committed to 100% sustainable palm oil. We believe that sharing positive stories and results achieved by the “best in class” stakeholders will achieve this.
"We want to create the best possible condition to facilitate the uptake of more sustainable palm oil in Italy"Giuseppe Allocca, President Unione Italiana per l’Olio di Palma Sostenibile
We want to create the best possible condition to facilitate the uptake of more sustainable palm oil in Italy by:
- Communicate the positive role of sustainable palm oil to the achievement of UN SDG’s and its value in a balanced diet
- Take away misconceptions and fake news about zustainable palm oil
- Rebalancing the debate sharing positive story and science based information
- Promote use of sustainable palm oil guidelines in food catering and public procurement
- Engage with companies and retailers to promote the inclusion of sustainable palm oil in their supply chains.
Our UN Sustainable Development Goals
Our organisation is most concerned with the following 5 UN SDGs:
- Goal 1: No Poverty
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well Being
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Goal 13: Climate Action
Our struggles and future plans
Our biggest struggle in the move to sustainable palm oil is to take away misconceptions and addressing palm oil free claims. The Italian Union engages with media and key opinion leaders, as well as with the government officials and politicians to increase public support for sustainable palm oil. We can see a change in trend and more support for sustainable palm oil in Italy.
We will make sure that sustainable palm oil becomes the norm in Italian public procurements. This will increase the demand for sustainable palm oil in Italy. We are working for the inclusion of mimimum criteria in the national guidelines for green public procurements and addressing regional authorities.
Sign up, switch to sustainable palm oil and join us in showing the positive impact on the ground and making sustainable palm oil a reality!
Are you committed? Join the Sustainable Palm Oil Choice.